the future of port:audacity

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon Feb 13 18:43:43 UTC 2023

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 01:53:20PM -0500, Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate via macports-users wrote:
> I looked at the Audacity website, https://www.audacityteam.org .  It
> looks like Audacity is in robust current maintenance, sources are
> available, and legacy and modern Mac OS versions are supported through
> Ventura and Intel/M1/M2.  The current release is 3.2.4, almost two
> years ahead of the version cited by René.  You said this is in limbo?
> What am I missing?

We should probably consider moving to Tenacity, as upstream Audacity has
recently taken a few decisions that are questionable.

See [1] for more details on this and the current Tenacity source code.
Ideally, we'd add a new tenacity port and possibly mark audacity as
replaced_by tenacity, or at least add a note about this.

  [1]: https://codeberg.org/tenacityteam/tenacity/src/branch/main/README.md#user-content-motivation

--
Clemens