Apple Silicon Hardware and MacPorts

Mark Anderson mark at macports.org
Wed Nov 15 16:26:22 UTC 2023

I have a M1Max with 64, but I did have an M1 with 16 and most things ran
faster than on my 2019 Intel Mac. The bump to M3Max might be worth it if
you do a lot of number crunching or anything that can use a GPU, but even
the lowest end machines are crazy fast.

The only thing I'll say is that 8GB is not enough on the M3 - don't get
that one, but 24 should have you zooming along nicely.

—Mark
Mark E. Anderson <mark at macports.org>
MacPorts Trac WikiPage <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/mark>
GitHub Profile <https://github.com/markemer>