meld quartz breakage

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Sat Oct 7 21:39:46 UTC 2023

Hi,

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate via macports-users wrote:

>  The current meld port is 2.4 years out of date.  There are various
> fixes in the release notes.  Would you like to try the latest stable
> version?

I don't think that the issue is in meld itself, because when things
broke, there was no meld update at all, so I am pretty sure it must be a
dependency that caused it. Since the issue is in the display of the file
tree, it could be anything in its dependencies.
I wonder if the drwing is direct cococa or goes through gtk-cocoa. I
think gtk.
At least when harfbuzz broke gtk text drawing on 10.6/10.7, also meld
had broken text drawing.

But maybe new stuff needs new meld? who knows. If for somebody on later
MacOS versions, 10.14 is reported... then not.

Riccardi