Is there anyone who has successfully migrated Macport to Sonoma?

Tao Zhang tzhang0616 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 23:34:15 UTC 2023

Hi Josh,

  Thanks for your helpful comments. One more question:

    gfortran and ifort  do not work after upgrading to Sonoma. see below.
  1) Should I upgrade to the latest Xcode15 or old Xcode14 to fix this
problem?
  2)  It is reported that Xcode15 does not work well with Macport, right?

  Thanks
  Tao

1)
/Users/tzhang> gfnew aaa.f
sh: line 1: 12185 Bus error: 10
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -sdk
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk
-find clang 2> /dev/null
clang: error: unable to find utility "clang", not a developer tool or in
PATH

/Users/tzhang> which gfnew
gfnew:      aliased to gfortran -m64 -ffixed-line-length-0
-finit-local-zero -fbounds-check

2)
/Users/tzhang> ifortnew aaa.f
ifort: error #10106: Fatal error in xcodebuild, terminated by bus error
ifort: error #10401: error running 'xcrun -find ld'

/Users/tzhang> which ifortnew
ifortnew:      aliased to ifort -extend-source -assume byterecl