what MacPorts port would create a TAGS file (looks like a history helper, rlwrap?)

Kenneth Wolcott kennethwolcott at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 04:40:14 UTC 2024

Hi;

what MacPorts port would create a TAGS file (looks like a history
helper, rlwrap?)

Is there a command (or method) to determine which app creates this file?

It was written at the top of my local git repo.  That's NOT a good
place for this file and I didn't create it directly.  It looks like a
command history with embedded page breaks (file output says it is
data, but I was able to look at it with less, after the warning that
it might be a binary file).

Perhaps an environment variable needs to be set to a specific path for this app?

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott