what app on a Mac reads/views ppm files?

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Apr 17 15:37:53 UTC 2024

On 2024-04-16 at 22:44:22 UTC-0400 (Tue, 16 Apr 2024 19:44:22 -0700)
Kenneth Wolcott <kennethwolcott at gmail.com>
is rumored to have said:

> Hi;
>
>   what app on a Mac reads/views ppm files?
>
>   I've been looking at some code located on Rosetta Code that involves
> ppm files... https://rosettacode.org/wiki/Bitmap/Read_a_PPM_file

For a very long time, I've relied on GraphicConverter, which opens and saves a huge variety of formats including PPM, according to this page: https://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/graphicconverter/key-features/import-and-export-formats

I have not personally used it with PPMs, but it has given me usable conversions of many other formats. It's a decent general-use graphics editor as well.

--
Bill Cole