bash prints errors for every non-existing command

brian bholder+macports at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 07:08:12 UTC 2024

Bash should probably be compiled with --disable-nls to workaround.

More generally this problem is described here:
http://sealiesoftware.com/blog/archive/2017/6/5/Objective-C_and_fork_in_macOS_1013.html
and here: https://wefearchange.org/2018/11/forkmacos.rst.html and here:
https://blog.phusion.nl/2017/10/13/why-ruby-app-servers-break-on-macos-high-sierra-and-what-can-be-done-about-it/

It's not a gettext issue. It's just like calling malloc in a signal
handler. Or backtrace to catch that SIGSEGV if you aren't careful. LOL.

Thanks.