How to request new ports?

lars.sonchocky-helldorf at hamburg.de lars.sonchocky-helldorf at hamburg.de
Mon Feb 5 17:00:13 UTC 2024

Hello List,

I have a question: How would I request a port of a software I need, e.g. what’s the right way to do this?

At work I am recently using:

https://github.com/yonaskolb/XcodeGen

to build iOS-Projects, there is a HomeBrew formula for installing this but it doesn’t seem to be in macports. I prefer macports for several reasons and don’t want to switch to HomeBrew.

Another software needed to build the bespoken projects is:

https://github.com/fastlane/fastlane

for which also a HomeBrew formula exists:

https://docs.fastlane.tools/getting-started/ios/setup/

 But it is not in macports too.

So my question: what do I have to do to get ports for those?

Kind regards,

	Lars