Port reclaim unexpectedly wants to uninstall a subport, when the top level port is installed

Kevin Horton kevin01 at kilohotel.com
Tue Feb 6 23:59:17 UTC 2024

I'm puzzling over some weird "port reclaim" behaviour on one machine.  On the problematic machine, I installed py-matplotlib, which correctly installed py312-matplotlib.  But, if I run "port reclaim", it wants to uninstall py312-matplotlib as a "Unrequested ports without requested dependents found".

Then the script that I have that needs py-matplotlib fails.  I know I could request py312-matplotlib, but that then leads to a bit more work cleaning things up when I move to python313.

On the second machine, everthing works as expected.

Is there something I can do to rebuild the registry, assuming this is the problem?

===
OS: macOS Sonoma 14.3
arch: Intel

% port version