clang and PPC? libsdl2 dependencies

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Thu Jan 25 15:46:07 UTC 2024

Hi,

how is the situation of PPC and clang? I tried upgrading 10.5 PPC since
a long long time, almost a year... not so easy, some hiccups.

The system compiled for almost two days, I think I saw both GCC and
CLANG compiling... clang, I thought? Then I see this in console :

--->  Cleaning libstdcxx_clang_fix
--->  Removing work directory for libstdcxx_clang_fix
Error: clang-11-bootstrap cannot be installed for the configured
build_arch 'ppc' because it only supports the arch(s) 'arm64 i386 x86_64'.
Error: Problem while installing clang-11-bootstrap
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets if you believe
there is a bug.

This happened after I issued:
sudo port -v upgrade py39-anytree  py39-beaker  py39-mako
p5.30-locale-gettext   p5.28-cgi      libsdl2

I see all the ports upgraded fine, but not libsdl2, so I guess somehow
libsdl triggered in some dependency up to clang :)

What now?

Riccardo