Borg backup is complaining about msgpack python package version

Kenneth Wolcott kennethwolcott at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 01:58:26 UTC 2024

It loos like this problem has re-appeared :-(

You do not have a supported version of the msgpack python package
installed. Terminating.
This should never happen as specific, supported versions are required
by our setup.py.
Do not contact borgbackup support about this.
terminating with error status, rc 2

port installed | grep msgpack
  msgpack @4_0 (active)
  msgpack-c @4.0.0_0
  msgpack-c @6.0.0_0 (active)
  msgpack-cpp @4.1.1_0
  msgpack-cpp @6.0.0_0
  msgpack-cpp @6.1.0_0 (active)
  py312-msgpack @1.0.7_1
  py312-msgpack @1.0.8_0 (active)

port installed | grep borgbackup
  borgbackup @1.2.7_0 (active)

  Do I need to re-activate the prior version of py312-msgpack?

  Is there a way to prevent this going forwards?

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott