I just wanted to upgrade my older MacPorts version

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Sun Mar 10 10:48:32 UTC 2024

Hi,

xmartin at iqf.csic.es wrote:
> The “sudo port upgrade outdated” is running, but the question know is,
> how can I run in the future the equivalent to the older “sudo port
> selfupdate”?
I suppose that since you got the repository in git, you just need to do
a "git pull" to upgrade it and subsequently "sudo port -v sync".

Essentially Step 1 becomes a git pull, Step 2 can be skipped, Step 3
repeated.

I too have a similar issue, at work I cannot access the web resources, a
proxy is usually needed. At home though I can use it, so I run
selfupdate at home or over a mobile connection.

Hope that helps, I did not test it.

Riccardo