Library libtdbc used in restore_ports script is unsigned

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri Mar 22 04:32:17 UTC 2024

On 21/3/2024 23:33, Eric Gallager wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2024 at 12:53 AM Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
>> Hopefully we can ship automatic migration in MacPorts base soon and
>> retire restore_ports.tcl.
>>

> Yeah, please notify me once this happens; I've been reluctant to
> update from Big Sur just due to how much of a pain the
> restore_ports.tcl process can be...

If you want to help this happen faster, please feel free to test the
migration branch of base:
<https://github.com/neverpanic/macports-base/tree/migration>

or this prototype I recently made of a slightly different method, which
among other things will not reinstall ports that have 'platforms any' or
'platforms {darwin any}':
<https://github.com/jmroot/macports-contrib/tree/migrate/migrate>

Bear in mind this is bleeding edge stuff; there are almost certainly
still bugs, so we'd love to know about them so we can fix them.

- Josh