[MacPorts-announce] MacPorts 1.8.1 has been released
jmr at macports.org
Tue Sep 29 01:50:00 CEST 2009
The MacPorts Project is pleased to announce the release of version
1.8.1. This is a bugfix release with small changes only. The list of
changes is as follows:
- Installer error messages now display properly even from the Snow
Leopard MacPorts dmg.
- 'fetch.type svn' no longer requires the installation of the
subversion port as of Snow Leopard.
- Updated manpages and 'port help' output
- Fixed syncing using the daily tarball.
- Fixed 'port load'
- Improved error message when an expression on the command line does
not match any ports
- Stopped recording the completion of the install phase in the
statefile, which led to errors if the port was uninstalled but the
work dir was not cleaned, and the port was then installed again.
- Fixed a bug where if an element in the MacPorts directory prefix
was a symlink, it could be deleted when uninstalling a port.
If you already have MacPorts installed, the preferred method for
updating is to run:
sudo port selfupdate
For new installs, there are also package installers in disk images
available for 10.4, 10.5, and 10.6 (all universal builds, the first two
i386/ppc and the latter i386/x86_64) at . The source is also
available as tarballs compressed with gzip or bzip2, or from the
subversion tag .
Detached PGP signatures for the DMGs and source tarballs have been made
with my key, which is available on the keyservers and my MacPorts wiki
page , the fingerprint being:
0xB70C8867DCDBFF26: B6D0 0D4B 209D 03FF 2BCE B77F B70C 8867 DCDB FF26
(on behalf of the MacPorts Port Managers)
More information about the macports-announce