NEW: ophcrack port

Cédric Luthi cedric.luthi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 09:04:37 PST 2006

I checked why it doesn't work on powerpc and it turns out it's
actually an endianness problem. So I think the best way is to detect
endianness with
post-main {
	if { [string compare ${os.endian} "little"] != 0 } {
		ui_error "${name} only runs on little-endian machines."
		exit 1
	}
}

I don't exactly know how many different platforms the port system is
supposed to work on so I think it's preferable to check it this way
rather than listing all the platforms.
Still, I haven't found a single port using post-main, but I haven't
found a port that only work on a specific endianness, so the question
remains: is it acceptable to test compatibility with this post-main
script ?

Anyway, I have posted an updated portfile: http://trac.macports.org/
projects/macports/attachment/ticket/11114/Portfile_v2

Cédric