Adding modules to php

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Sat Dec 9 11:30:23 PST 2006

I have hacked my local php5 portfile for an rrdtool variant to add rrdtool
bindings to php's modules in its ./ext directiry.  But looking at the
FreeBSD ports, I see that they use a separate port that uses the "USE_PHP"
keyword.  The docs for that option seem to imply that new PHP modules can
be installed and registered with php without recompiling it, yet I don't
see how this is possible.  My variant works, but does anyone know if there
is an alternative to recompiling php to get additional modules installed
and registered into php's ./ext?

Mark