Trac/Python24

Dominik Madon dominik at acm.org
Sun Oct 15 06:13:14 PDT 2006

> This is on a Macbook. I saw in the thread that your locale py-
> package is installed, it's the C extension module that it can't
> find. It should be in /opt/local/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/
> _locale.so. Maybe yours have been misplaced somehow?

I've submitted a patch for the setup.py file but failed to add
comments to the ticket (the site seems very busy).

The intl library that should be used to link the _locale.so file was
not properly detected. The line in the setup.py is:

          m = re.search(r"#s*define\s+WITH_LIBINTL\s+1\s*", data)

and doesn't work for me since the pyconfig.h shows something like:

   #define HAVE_LIBINTL_H 1

So, I've just changed that line to:

          m = re.search(r"#\s*define\s+(HAVE_LIBINTL_H|WITH_LIBINTL)\s
+1\s*", data)

and I'm happy with it. However, I haven't checked why this works on
my PPC box.

Thanks Daniel and Daniel for your help.

Dominik