BTW, 1.3.2 .dmg

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Tue Oct 17 08:22:33 PDT 2006

Hi Jyrki,

We "had" decided that we didn't need to create new dmg's for minor
releases, as MacPorts will self update on install. This was in order
to make the release process less cumbersome. But I agree that we
haven't adequately documented this fact, and the world is confusing
for somebody who just ends up in the downloads directory and doesn't
understand why there is no dmg. Juan was going to better document
this, but I'm not sure it happened.

I'll try to cut a new release (1.3.3) soon, with:

	- MacPorts name
	- A dmg

Secondarily, it turns out, we can't easily build a 1.3.2 dmg due to a
bug in the 1.3.2 Makefile.

James