BTW, 1.3.2 .dmg

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Fri Oct 20 04:54:21 PDT 2006

On 17.10.2006, at 18.22, James Berry wrote:

> Hi Jyrki,
>
> We "had" decided that we didn't need to create new dmg's for minor
> releases, as MacPorts will self update on install. This was in
> order to make the release process less cumbersome. But I agree that
> we haven't adequately documented this fact, and the world is
> confusing for somebody who just ends up in the downloads directory
> and doesn't understand why there is no dmg. Juan was going to
> better document this, but I'm not sure it happened.
>
> I'll try to cut a new release (1.3.3) soon, with:
>
> 	- MacPorts name
> 	- A dmg
Excellent!

> Secondarily, it turns out, we can't easily build a 1.3.2 dmg due to
> a bug in the 1.3.2 Makefile.

Hi James &al,
another thing (or third): should we change /Applications/DarwinPorts/
to /Applications/MacPorts/ ? This is not a functional issue, it just
would make the system a more consistent one.

Well, let's hope 1.3.3 comes out soon!
!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
! Kolmas linja 12 A 18            mob. +358-400-347 015
skype:jyrkiwahlstedt
! FI-00530 Helsinki               www.wahlstedt.fi
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386