/Applications/DarwinPorts -> /Applications/MacPorts

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Oct 26 09:56:47 PDT 2006

I vote for /Applications/MacPorts for several reasons:

1) It keeps our name in the folder.

2) I like the name /Applications/MacPorts better :)

3) It's better for somebody who goes on a system that has MacPorts installed and
doesn't know what it is.  If they saw a Ports directory, going a Google for
'Ports' wouldn't tell them much, while Googling for 'MacPorts' would find us.

4) I doubt we'll do another rename.

5) I've got commits already into /Applications/MacPorts, such as XEmacs, before
this thread.

Maybe we should have more input from other other committers.

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.