MacPorts / GNOME Weekly Report

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Sat Sep 23 03:41:06 PDT 2006

This is the first of what I hope will be a weekly report on the
goings on with the GNOME packages carried by the MacPorts project.

Most of the ports in the GNOME Platform are at least at the correct
major.minor version, if not the most current version, with a couple
of exceptions:

gnome-vfs:
	gnome-vfs is a development version, as the current stable version
requires a rigorous dbus, which MacPorts currently does not have. I
have submitted some bug reports to the dbus project, trying to get
dbus working.
gnome-vfs-monikers:
	This is a new package in GNOME, and just simply has not been ported
yet. Anyone want to help?
gtk-doc:
	This package used to have some very nasty dependencies that niether
the Fink or MacPorts projects got working well (last time I attempted
building this port). It may be portable now, but I have yet to
attempt it. Most ports that would use it gracefully work around its
absence.
The GNOME desktop is slowly being updated to the current packages,
although any efforts on my part are directed at getting the platform
working well first. My lowest priority with the GNOME packages is
getting previously unported packages ported.

As always, any assistance in getting the GNOME packages ported or
existing ports updated is appriciated.

I have a semi-automated status list[1] of GNOME packages with the
porting status. Packages listed as broken without comment are most
likely on my machine at a more recent version than MacPorts is
distributing as I have upgraded the port, but the upgrade has not
filtered through the entire rsync process yet.

This "report" has also been posted on my blog[2].

[1] http://homepage.mac.com/rhwood/macports/gnome.html
[2] http://shyramblings.blogspot.com/2006/09/macports-gnome-weekly-
report.html

Randall Wood
rhwood at mac.com

"The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes.
All the
rest is just philosophy."