replace reinplace

Yves de Champlain yves at macports.org
Sun Apr 1 06:39:11 PDT 2007

Le 07-04-01 à 03:02, Cédric Luthi a écrit :

> On 1 avr. 07, at 08:03, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't most of the existing invocations of reinplace break if we
>> change that now?
>
> I'd say no. Replacing sed -E by sed would break all those who
> actually use extended syntax but probably not the other way round.
> I don't think there are non-extended expressions that would fail as
> an extended expressions.

There might be some breakage indeed, but certainly not a lot.  But
such a change would also have to be syncchronized with a release, so
I was mostly wondering why in the first place was it chosen not to
use it ?

On the other hand, maybe some grepper could translate that in 'basic
mode' for me ?

sed -E 's|\$\(DESTDIR\)[[:space:]]+\$\(|\$\(DESTDIR\)\$\(|g'

Now that is the first level question.

yves