[23516] trunk/dports/x11/XFree86/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 3 13:58:55 PDT 2007

On Apr 3, 2007, at 12:27, Yves de Champlain wrote:

>> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/3073
>
> Don't know, I haven't tried.  But it looks like a very weird idea
> to me.
> I mean, what can it give except loads of problems ?
> But I'm still young and naive ...

The bug says:

"I tried to install XFree86 on MacOS 10.3 I have Apple's X11
(including development files) installed."

As far as I can see, the user has just identified his problem right
there. As far as I have been aware, you can either have XFree86 or
Apple's X11 but not both because they go in the same place. I would
close the bug as invalid, unless my understanding of this situation
is wrong...