MacPorts v1.4.0 release announcement

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Thu Apr 5 12:26:10 PDT 2007

The MacPorts project is pleased to announce the release of MacPorts
v1.4.0.

Change log is at <http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/
browser/tags/release_1_4_0/base/ChangeLog>.
Downloads are available at <http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/
macports/browser/downloads/MacPorts-1.4.0>.

Thanks to all project members who contributed to this release, and
especially to Juan Manuel Palacios, who served as release manager.
Bugs may be filed at the <http://www.macports.org/?page_id=8>.

We plan to release a v1.4.1 within weeks with some ongoing
enhancements. Please note that our official plan is to build disk
images only for 1.x.0 releases, and let subsequent point releases
selfupdate from there. If you have a previous release of MacPorts
installed, the easiest path to MacPorts 1.4.0 is simply "sudo port
selfupdate".

— MacPorts team