Dealing with tarballs that tarbomb

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Thu Apr 5 20:20:54 PDT 2007

On Apr 5, 2007, at 7:05 PM, Blair Zajac wrote:

> Elias Pipping wrote:
>> On Apr 6, 2007, at 12:21 AM, Blair Zajac wrote:
>>> Thanks, that's what I ended up going with, however, using file mkdir
>>> ${worksrcpath} instead of the system.
>>>
>> how about 'xinstall -d'?
>
> Don't the 'file subcommands' commands not shell out?  Which is a good
> thing to practice.
>
> Regards,
> Blair

	Shelling out is indeed something to avoid, which is why xinstall is
also a good choice as it doesn't shell out either. xinstall is a
MacPorts built-in command written in C and defined in svn
base/src/pextlib1.0/xinstall.{c,h}. File commands and xinstall flags
differ in their handling of extended attributes as documented in
portfile(7), but in the case of creating directories I'd think they're
completely equivalent.

	HTH!

-jmpp