MacPorts v1.4.0 release announcement

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Fri Apr 6 07:37:09 PDT 2007

On 2007-04-06 09:31:56 -0400, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>  On Apr 5, 2007, at 8:12 PM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > On 2007-04-05 16:49:38 -0400, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> >>  The problem IIRC has to do with mismatched headers and library.
> >
> > Yes, probably because the Makefile is incorrect.
>
>  It is? Do you have a patch to fix it?

The use of -L/usr/lib is incorrect as it is not consistent with
the include search path. For some reason, CURL_CONFIG seems to be
set to /usr/bin/curl-config, though "which curl-config" outputs
/opt/local/bin/curl-config (that's a bug since it can lead to
inconsistent paths), and there's a bug in /usr/bin/curl-config
too:

prunille:~> /usr/bin/curl-config --libs
-L/usr/lib -lcurl -lssl -lcrypto -lz
^^^^^^^^^^
This shouldn't be there.

> > The problem is a mismatch between Apple's linker and gcc. A
> > -I/usr/include is ignored by gcc (because it is in the system path),
> > while with -L/usr/lib, this directory has the precedence. In short,
> > using -L/usr/lib is incorrect.
>
>  I'm confused as to why you're seeing a build a problem if you don't have
>  another readline installed.

I have one in /opt/local and this prefix is included in my various
path environment variables.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>