MacPorts v1.4.0 release announcement

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Fri Apr 6 08:07:08 PDT 2007

On 2007-04-06 10:55:20 -0400, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>  On Apr 6, 2007, at 10:37 AM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> >  For some reason, CURL_CONFIG seems to be
> > set to /usr/bin/curl-config, though "which curl-config" outputs
> > /opt/local/bin/curl-config (that's a bug since it can lead to
> > inconsistent paths),
>
>  I believe that the configure script was modified to not look in
>  ${prefix} as it could lead to bootstrap issues. (yep, see the
>  OD_PATH_SCAN macro)

If it doesn't want to look at ${prefix}, it should do that *completely*.

> > I have one in /opt/local and this prefix is included in my various
> > path environment variables.
>
>  I've got CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS set on one of my machines with macports
>  readline installed and it doesn't have this problem.

I'm not talking about the flags, but about the path variables,
as described by the gcc documentation (see LIBRARY_PATH, CPATH,
C_INCLUDE_PATH, CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH, OBJC_INCLUDE_PATH).

The configure script should probably remove ${prefix}-based paths
from these variables.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>