Version dependency

Sean Fulton seanasy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 06:55:56 PDT 2007

I want to make a change to a port that requires a change in another port.

The ports are gdal and proj. The current versions of proj and gdal have
problems such that gdal cannot dynamically link proj. In order for
dynamic linking to work, I need to upgrade proj to version 4.5.0.

I've already submitted a patch that upgrades gdal statically links
proj. I'd like to  change the gdal patch to dynamically link proj but
the update to proj will have to go in simultaneously.

What are the chances of that happening? Is there a way to make that happen?

Is there a mechanism to make dependencies based on version?

Thanks,

	Sean