Website redesign (was Re: Please clear up DarwinPort/MacPorts confusion)

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Wed Apr 11 14:15:44 PDT 2007

	Replying quickly to just a single comment, as I haven't been able to
keep up with the thread lately:

On Apr 11, 2007, at 3:34 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> I'd say this list is fine. There's only the dev and the users list.

	Actually I'd like to move this discussion to the dev list entirely.
First off, the discussion is currently split between the two lists
(which I realize is my fault to begin with for having cross-posted when
I began the thread), so concentrating it on a single one is a good
thing. But other than the users list being of higher volume and
messages tend to get lost easily (which I know it's something I can fix
locally with a good mail client ;-), I believe this thread pertains
more to the development of the project than to user support, which is
what users@ is for. I think we can all agree that the people we want
involved in our documentation should at least have some notions of
programming/MacPorts development, at least enough to know there's a
dev@ mailing list and to want to subscribe to it ;-) Signal to noise
ratio on users@ is lower, I believe.

	So lets keep it on dev@, please.

-jmpp