Getting to 1.4.1.

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Sat Apr 14 05:58:21 PDT 2007

Hi Jordan,

On Apr 14, 2007, at 1:39 AM, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> I'm still waiting for a convincing explanation as to why simply
> tagging trunk and calling it 1.5 (vs 1.4.1) wouldn't be a perfectly
> viable solution and way less pain than merging stuff over.   I
> haven't heard one yet. :-)

Well, I'm about one svn merge command from where you are.

In creating the 1.4.1 tag last night, all I did was an svn merge of
trunk to release_1_4 branch, and then tagged 1.4.1. So while I had to
type one one more command, we also "buy" the freedom to have the two
diverge more in the future if necessary. Granted, there are other
ways to achieve that, but this seemed a relatively cheap price to pay.

James