Is using TclX acceptable?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Apr 14 20:36:30 PDT 2007

On Apr 14, 2007, at 21:58, Elias Pipping wrote:

> Working on openssl +universal, I needed a file list.
>
> It'd have to consist of all the single-arch files
> (except for the .o files) that end up in the worksrcdir
> once compiling for a single architecture has finished.
>
> It'd also come into play when lipo is called. See below
> for the two procedures (you can skip that part if you're
> only interested in what this mail is about, not the
> details)

Recall the "unify" script from the Mozilla project, which they use to
create universal binaries of Firefox and other programs from a ppc
tree and an i386 tree, and my suggestion some time ago that it might
be a good idea to incorporate it into MacPorts. Would that be a
possible solution to your problem, without having to reinvent that
script in tcl?