Did someone bork eval_variants?

Paul Guyot pguyot at kallisys.net
Mon Apr 16 01:31:36 PDT 2007

On Apr 16, 2007, at 5:17 PM, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Yes, as I noted in my original message:
>
> > I'm seeing this from any port and any operation, so it looks like
> something has gone south in ToT
>
> Sorry, ToT (Top Of Tree) is how we refer to Trunk around here so
> I'm more accustomed to using that term.
>
> No local modifications.  Confirmed on at least 2 machines, one of
> which never ran MP before and had a fresh install from ToT.  Errr.
> Trunk.

Do your boxes run an OS that is supposed to ship in October? I'm just
trying to find a difference between your boxes and those I just tried
to livecheck squeak on. In addition to my development machine, I
successfully livechecked squeak on two 10.4 x86 boxes.

More seriously, I think the problem may come from the configuration
files in /opt/local/etc/ports/. James changed their parsing recently,
and the error you get looks like a parsing error.

Could you please paste the output of:

diff base/doc/ports.conf /opt/local/etc/ports/ports.conf.in
diff base/doc/sources.conf /opt/local/etc/ports/sources.conf
diff base/doc/variants.conf  /opt/local/etc/ports/variants.conf

Paul