Did someone bork eval_variants?

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at brierdr.com
Mon Apr 16 02:10:34 PDT 2007

On Apr 16, 2007, at 1:31 AM, Paul Guyot wrote:

> Do your boxes run an OS that is supposed to ship in October? I'm
> just trying to find a difference between your boxes and those I just
> tried to livecheck squeak on. In addition to my development machine,
> I successfully livechecked squeak on two 10.4 x86 boxes.

Well, yes, they do.  But that should come as no surprise. :)

> More seriously, I think the problem may come from the configuration
> files in /opt/local/etc/ports/. James changed their parsing
> recently, and the error you get looks like a parsing error.
>
> Could you please paste the output of:
>
> diff base/doc/ports.conf /opt/local/etc/ports/ports.conf.in
> [adjusted accordingly]

jkh at sam-> diff base/doc/ports.conf.in /opt/local/etc/ports/ports.conf
2c2
< prefix			@prefix_expanded@
---
 > prefix			/opt/local
5c5
< portdbpath		@localstatedir_expanded@/db/dports
---
 > portdbpath		/opt/local/var/db/dports
18c18
< sources_conf		@PORTCONFIGDIR_EXPANDED@/sources.conf
---
 > sources_conf		/opt/local/etc/ports/sources.conf
21c21
< variants_conf		@PORTCONFIGDIR_EXPANDED@/variants.conf
---
 > variants_conf		/opt/local/etc/ports/variants.conf
27c27
< portarchivepath		@localstatedir_expanded@/db/dports/packages
---
 > portarchivepath		/opt/local/var/db/dports/packages
50c50
< rsync_options		-rtzv --delete --delete-after
---
 > rsync_options		"-rtzv --delete --delete-after"

> diff base/doc/sources.conf /opt/local/etc/ports/sources.conf

jkh at sam-> diff base/doc/sources.conf /opt/local/etc/ports/sources.conf
7c7,8
< rsync://rsync.darwinports.org/dpupdate/dports
---
 > #rsync://rsync.darwinports.org/dpupdate/dports
 > file:///Volumes/Honker/Users/jkh/Src/macports/dports

[ Obvious change to make things work locally ]

> diff base/doc/variants.conf  /opt/local/etc/ports/variants.conf

[ No changes ]

- Jordan