MacPorts v1.4.2 released
jberry at macports.org
Mon Apr 16 20:53:41 PDT 2007
MacPorts 1.4.2 has been released for selfupdate. It should hit the
rsync servers in an hour or so.
1.4.2 is a minor bug fix release, cut quickly because 1.4.1 didn't
build properly on panther (Mac OS X 10.3.x).
Release 1.4.2 (16-Apr-2007):
- New logic for variants overload that basically yields to
variant +universal on ports that redefine it (pguyot in 24100).
- Implement brand new fs-traverse command in Pextlib.
See portfile.7 for documentation (eridius in r24079, r24080,
- Add per-user preferences in ~/.macports/user.conf. This will
for submitter information.
Simplify selection of ports.conf file:
- ~/.portsrc is no longer supported.
- Search order for ports.conf is now:
Only the first file found will be parsed and used.
(jberry r24071, r24113, r24114)
- Improvements on livecheck: fixed a report bug, improved ruby
default behavior (pguyot in r24026 and r24018)
- Remove xar from the build. xar doesn't build on panther due to
a libxml2 lib too old for xar requirements. We'll find another
way to deal with xar, perhaps by requiring users to install the
xar port when they need its services. (jberry r24107:r24108)
- Remove configure switch for building launchd support. (jberry
- Remove compatibility upgrade for conf files from
darwinports 1.1 to 1.2. (jberry r24106).
More information about the macports-dev