Portfile authors: pay attention to keywords, eol-style, Id

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 17 03:48:06 PDT 2007

I have fixed several issues with several portfiles. There was an
agreement on the list some months ago that things should be this way,
so these commits simply bring noncompliant portfiles back into
compliance with the following:

- svn:keywords should be set to Id (capital I, lowercase d)

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/24131
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/24132
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/24133
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/24134
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/24135
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/24136
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/24137
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/24138

- svn:eol-style should be set to native

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/24140

- svn:executable should not be set

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/24139

- Portfiles should begin with the line "# $Id$" and then a blank line

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/24131
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/24141
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/24142
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/24143

To ensure that the correct properties automatically get set on your
new Portfiles, you can edit your ~/.subversion/config file, turn auto-
props on, and add this auto-prop definition:

Portfile = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Id

For consistency and conformance with the Subversion documentation
let's please use Id, not id, for the keyword name.

This recommendation should probably be in the documentation somewhere
but I haven't looked yet where it might best be included. If someone
else would add this to the wiki, or even just point out where in the
wiki it should go, that would be appreciated.

I once said I would work on a pre-commit hook script we could install
which would reject any commit that did not conform with these
requirements. I haven't gotten around to that yet, but I haven't
forgotten either.