Task #11664: cleaning *FLAGS in Portfiles

Paul Guyot pguyot at kallisys.net
Wed Apr 18 22:09:07 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Since 1.4.1, MacPorts automatically fills *FLAGS with -I${prefix}/
include and -L${prefix}/lib.
We can remove a lot of unnecessary lines from portfiles. I suggest
that every maintainer clean their own ports and check that they still
compile fine (preferably with the -t option). You can figure out
which ports to clean with:

port file maintainer:<your maintainer email address> | xargs grep FLAGS

Besides, other clfags/ldflags/cppflags/cxxflags can now be passed with:
configure.cflags-append	"some value"

Paul