Problem compiling / installing octave

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Sat Apr 21 01:06:35 PDT 2007

Hi all,

On 21/04/2007, at 03:02, Andre Stechert wrote:

> Same problem here:
>
> stechert at kirin:~ [1027] $ sudo port install gmp
> --->  Fetching gmp
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for gmp
> --->  Extracting gmp
> --->  Configuring gmp
> Error: Target com.apple.configure returned: can't read
> "configure.cflags": no such variable

I've tested this with gmp, and the results are in:

  * setting configure.cflags in Portfiles doesn't work, as
demonstrated above.
  * setting configure.cflags-append in Portfiles _does_ work; it
worked for gmp, and for courier-authlib (which I maintain, and
successfully built using configure.cflags-append before committing).

It's the same thing that was mentioned elsewhere (by pguyot on
macports-dev or in a commit log, I think -- sorry for being too lazy
to look it up) about redefining the universal variant in Portfiles:
if you try to do so, "universal" disappears entirely.  I don't
understand the base code well enough to understand why it works this
way (comments?), but that's how it works.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)