--disable-nls?

Yves de Champlain yves at macports.org
Sun Apr 22 10:11:40 PDT 2007

Le 07-04-22 à 12:41, N_Ox a écrit :

> Hello,
> I was wondering: why this ugly --disable-nls configure argument is
> hardcoded in so much portfiles?
> There should be a "nls" variant deleting this of configure.args.
> Localization is nice and already available in a lot of packages. I
> think getting ride of it is a big loss.

I can't talk for everybody but I know that :

1- It once helped gnome-panel and inkscape to not crash at startup
(this is now fixed)
2- Removing it from the aspell port will make EVERY GNUstep ports
crash at startup
3- Removing it from the denemo port triggers some odd behaviours and
does not work anyway.
4- cross/avr-gdb/Portfile:# without --disable-nls the build process
also breaks

So much portfiles ... Um, that leaves about 25 ports out of 3887 with
10 of them being gcc ports

yves