[11796] fixed auctex devel variant

Chris Pickel chpickel at stwing.upenn.edu
Mon Apr 23 10:48:21 PDT 2007

On 23 Apr, 2007, at 13:33, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Someone committed the fix in the ticket. However, now we have the
> same problem reported against another port:
>
> http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/11819
>
> I believe something is amiss in base. Someone who knows about base,
> please comment.

I am the one who committed the fix; I also looked into base to see
about fixing the actual problem. It appears to be related to Tcl
variable traces, and I think it should be fixable by someone who
understands them (I hope to have time to later today).

However, any fix in base isn't going to go live until 1.4.4, so we
should probably fix the Portfile to deal with current deficiencies in
the meantime.

Chris