Tor and unusual version numbers

Chris Pickel chpickel at stwing.upenn.edu
Thu Apr 26 19:45:04 PDT 2007

On 26 Apr, 2007, at 19:49, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
> 	IIRC this already came up once but went unresolved. Four digit
> version numbers are not that common, so this is probably an
> overlook for that case either in the "get_outdated_ports" tcl proc
> in port(1) (base/src/port/port.tcl) or in the "rpm_vercomp" C
> function of the Pextlib library (base/src/pextlib1.0/vercomp.c),
> used said proc.

I looked over vercomp.c, and four-digit version numbers should not be
treated differently. Vercomp simply compares each alphabetic or
numeric segments in sequence. You should be able to verify this by
running tclsh directly:

% lappend auto_path /opt/local/share/darwinports/Tcl
% package require Pextlib 1.0
% rpm-vercomp 0.1.1.26 0.1.2.13

get_outdated_ports and action_outdated make their comparisons with
rpm-vercomp if epoch comparison is inconclusive. So, I'm not sure
where this bug could be coming from.

Chris