Tor and unusual version numbers

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Fri Apr 27 08:25:11 PDT 2007

On Apr 27, 2007, at 10:53 AM, James Berry wrote:

>> o Now, can anybody give me any valid data on a case where there's
>> a failure to
>> o detect an outdated version? If so, what does port info show for
>> version and
>> o epoch, and what's the installed version? In other words, what is
>> the data that
>> o the outdated routines are comparing?
>>
>> I don't know if my version of port is too outdated to be useful,
>> but I
>> end up seeing:
>>
>> sal at cobblehill:sal>port info tor
>> tor 0.1.1.26, security/tor (Variants: universal)
>> http://tor.eff.org/
>
>> sal at cobblehill:sal>port installed tor
>> The following ports are currently installed:
>>   tor @0.1.1.26_0 (active)
>> sal at cobblehill:sal>port -d outdated tor
>> DEBUG: Found port in
>> file:///Users/sal/Projects/MacPorts/macports-trunk/dports/security/
>> tor
>> No installed ports are outdated.
>>
>> -- Sal
>> smile.
>
> So that looks perfectly normal. Installed is the same version that
> the port index has listed, so it doesn't show up as outdated.
>
> James

	Sal, did you sync your tree before performing this test....? I don't
have tor installed, but I see:

$[juan @MacBookPro: base](489/0,0) -> port search tor
---snip---
tor                            security/tor   0.1.2.13
anonymizing overlay network for TCP
---snip---

	So I wouldn't be too sure about calling those results conclusive,
I'm afraid.

-jmpp