[24605] trunk/dports/mail/eudora2unix/Portfile

Paul Guyot pguyot at kallisys.net
Sat Apr 28 19:10:22 PDT 2007

On Apr 29, 2007, at 11:04 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> -# Untested but should probably work on FreeBSD/Linux.
>> -platform			darwin freebsd linux
>> +platforms			darwin
>

> How should a port developer set the "platforms" declaration? What
> is its significance? I've generally just been putting "platforms
> darwin" but I see that not only do we have available platforms like
> "freebsd" and "linux" but we also have "macosx". What are the
> guidelines?
>
> I forgot to set the "platforms" declaration in the isightcapture
> port and it still seems to install just fine, so it can't be too
> essential. Should we just get rid of the "platforms" declaration
> entirely, especially since we no longer support anything other than
> Mac OS X?

The portfile(7) man page specify that the platforms declaration is
required.

Yet:
- my mistake with this port was that it was "platform" instead of
"platform*s*".
- I agree that we should drop "platforms" now that we explicitly
target MacOS X, and I believe this declaration was never used anyway.

Paul