MacPorts 1.5.1?

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Wed Aug 1 09:51:08 PDT 2007

	Good afternoon everyone!

	Thankfully there haven't been any major issues reported against
MacPorts 1.5.0, but there has been an important number of small bug
fixes against base committed to trunk since the release.

	So, are we ripe for 1.5.1? Or does anyone want me to wait for
something else? Or, on the other hand, would someone prefer to see
something currently in trunk *not* committed to the release branch?
How about Eugene''s and Chris' GSoC work? Are those safe for general
public consumption?

	I'll work through the ChangeLog while I wait for replies to this
message and work on merging the (entire?) delta to the branch. Once
that's ready I'll see about releasing 1.5.1 on a light schedule (no
rushes) but hopefully sooner than later, so that the delta doesn't
keep on piling up. So get your feedback in!

	Regards to all,...

-jmpp