[27427] trunk/dports/graphics/gimp2/Portfile

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Aug 3 11:48:46 PDT 2007

On Aug 3, 2007, at 1:45 PM, Rainer Müller wrote:
> I don't like the syntax +without_foo as it reads "with without foo"
> for
> me. Why do we have that +/- syntax if we don't use it?

We don't use it because it's currently broken (ie, the -variants that
are selected aren't stored, so when you go to upgrade the port, it
doesn't keep the same variant selection. Meanwhile, the +variants are
stored, so things 'work' when you do an upgrade).

> But as said, port info should show default variants. And they could be
> also marked (with a star or something) in port variants.

That seems like a good idea. You want to submit a patch? :)
--
Daniel J. Luke