Default variants

N_Ox n.oxyde at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 20:28:49 PDT 2007

 From what I've understood, the problem with default variants is that
if we do something like `port foo -bar` and that foo has
`default_variants +bar`, if an upgrade of foo is released, then `port
upgrade foo` will enable bar variant because variant disabling are
not saved and `default_variants +bar` will be evaluated.

Is this really a problem?
Can't we use the magic of the TCL interpreter and ignore the call to
default_variants procedure in upgrade variant?

These were my $0.02 for tonight...
...I'll now take my pills and go to bed :p

--
Anthony Ramine, a lazy french student.
nox at macports.org