[27772] trunk/dports/sysutils/logrotate/Portfile

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Tue Aug 14 09:13:42 PDT 2007

N_Ox <n.oxyde at gmail.com> writes:
>> +	 xinstall -d ${destroot}${prefix}/share/man/man8
>> +	 xinstall -m 755 ${worksrcpath}/logrotate.8 ${destroot}${prefix}/
>> share/man/man8
>> <snip>
>
>By the way, manpage permissions should be 444,
>and as share/man/man8 is already in mtree, it is useless to install
>it beforehand.

Ah thanks Anthony.  I corrected that.  I think that was the first port I
ever did.

But about creating directories, I'm confused about that.

Question 1:  I thought I had to create directories manually when copying
my own destroot or pre- or post- destroot phases.  If not, can it simply
be omitted for the file specified in the MacPorts guide under "MacPorts
File Hierarchy".  That is the mtree, correct?

I think I create directories in destroot for a lot of ports, and I thought
others did too so I'm confused.

Question 2:  Are there other file permission standards to which we should
be adhering?  Can we state a standard for manpages, docs, executables,
etc., when we install them manually?

I can document this type of thing for posterity in the new guide.

Mark