Xcode universal

N_Ox nox at macports.org
Tue Aug 14 17:48:04 PDT 2007

Le 15 août 07 à 02:21, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :

> nox,
>
> I've seen you do this a lot recently:
>
> -use_configure	no
> +# Dummy configure to enable universal variant
> +use_configure	yes
> +configure		{}
>
> And this:
>
> +if {! [variant_isset universal]} {
> +	set arch ${os.arch}
> +	if {! [string compare ${arch} powerpc]} {
> +		set arch ppc
> +	}
> +
> +	xcode.build.settings-append		ARCHS=${arch}
> +	xcode.destroot.settings-append	ARCHS=${arch}
> +}
>
> I see those blocks in 9 ports so far, and I'm concerned about the
> duplication of code. Would it make sense to move this kind of thing
> into MacPorts base or the Xcode portgroup? Perhaps relevant is this
> existing ticket:
>
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/11881
>
> If there is a way that we can sanely support universal and non-
> universal builds for ports in the Xcode portgroup automatically,
> then we should do so automatically, rather than individually in
> each port.

I'll file a ticket on it after I've go through more xcode-based ports.
Currently, I've seen 3 ways to enable universal variant in this
portgroup, based on how is organized the xcode project.

I'll try to rationalize these 3 cases and file a patch for base/.

--
Anthony Ramine, the infamous MacPorts Trac slave.
nox at macports.org