MacPorts 1.5.11 (Fwd: [27780] branches/release_1_5/base)

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Wed Aug 15 00:35:06 PDT 2007

Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

>> I'm not sure I agree with your statement about 1.5.11; that's not a
>> proper way of indicating a minor change to 1.5.1, but an incremental
>> change after 1.5.8, 1.5.9, 1.5.10. The proper representation would be
>> "1.5.1.1". Both rpm-vercomp and package vcompare understand 1.5.1 <
>> 1.5.1.1 < 1.5.2.
>
> 	OK, so, due to popular demand I'm gonna push the next release as
> MacPorts 1.5.2 ;-) And I'm figuring it'll be tomorrow, given that some
> users are quite desperate about the mtree violations errors and not
> much else has been said about it here.

I think most MacPorts users care more about getting mtree fixed sooner
rather than later, then whether version reports 1.511 or 1.520...

Since it isn't getting released anyway (besides "selfupdate"), it
doesn't have to have a redable name. But calling it "1.5.1.1" would be
consistent with standard naming, and still get transmogrified into
1.511 for the little brain of the version comparer.

--anders