How to see just mtree violations?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Aug 21 02:45:51 PDT 2007

On Aug 20, 2007, at 06:41, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> On 2007-08-20 03:36:38 -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> We have the -t switch which we can turn on separately to activate
>> trace mode, which is helpful for discovering undeclared
>> dependencies. Is there a way that we could somehow see just the
>> mtree violations, without all the other verbose/debug info?
>
> Couldn't a Portfile state that it doesn't violate mtree, so that
> mtree violations are fatal in such cases?

Uhhhhh...... I think we should assume a port does not violate the
mtree. And... that doesn't seem to address the problem I'm trying to
solve. I maintain a couple dozen ports, and I would like to reinstall
each of them and ensure there are no mtree violations. I'm just
looking for an easy way to see the mtree errors, if there are any.
I'll try using debug mode with grep, as Anders suggested.