ghostscript +gslib variant

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Aug 21 02:48:13 PDT 2007

Hi.

ImageMagick +gs requires the "gslib" component of Ghostscript. But
the ghostscript port doesn't build gslib by default. So, to properly
install ImageMagick +gs, you need to first install ghostscript +gslib
[1]. This is cumbersome.

Is there a compelling reason why the ghostscript port shouldn't just
build gslib all the time? It would seem to simplify things. It's not
like it requires any additional dependencies. This goes back to the
ideas in the other thread on this list recently, that ports should
build the most feature-complete software they can, so long as it's
not terribly inconvenient to do so. And in this case I don't see any
inconvenience in doing so.

[1] That is, I assume this required. A comment that was already in
the portfile when I took it over says ghostscript with gslib is
required. I have not yet gotten ImageMagick +gs to work, or rather,
I'm not sure how to determine if it is working.